shiyi

My photo
19 on the 6th October. A typical Libra baby. Loud. Bubbly. Crazy ;) Love friends. Family. And herself. Love pink. Just want to be herself :)

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Blood test

Woke up in the morning feeling really hungry but couldn't have breakfast! Need to fast because I was going to do a blood test. So I cycled to the clinic near to my house and waited for my turn as dad who was also visiting the doctor had already helped me register.

After a while, I was asked to collect my urine LOL. And I was like "har I just peed" but still went into the toilet and forced a few drops of yellow liquid out :P gross isn't it? Hahahaha. Then I waited again.... And finally it was my turn! I went into the room, chat with the doctor while he prepare the needles and all and then he wrapped the sphygmomanometer (the thing used to measure blood pressure) around my upper arm. Then he inserted the needle into my vein and started sucking out the blood. I dared not look at the syringe OR the doctor, I just swept the other side of the room with my eyes while feeling the numbness in my right hand magnifying. And then, maybe the blood was not coming out, the doctor tightened the wrap around my arm. And then again. OMG I totally lost feeling of the hand haha. And like finally, he had collected enough blood and let me go.

When I went out, dad was there and I was feeling okay, and I was thinking "it was not so bad after all". And then the nurse called me to pay a total of RM164 for the test. I think dad went out at that time when I was paying. Another Chinese nurse came and talked to me, and it was then that I felt really really giddy. REALLY giddy. Things started to revolve, my vision blurred. I knew if I did not sit down immediately, I would definitely faint. So I walked to the nearest chair and sat down. I remember one friend who was in PBSM told me that if you are dizzy you put your head between your knees. I did that but it was not helping at all. I couldn't focus on anythings, my ears were stuffed and I was feeling hot and cold. It was the worst feeling EVER. I really couldn't take it and I asked the Chinese aunty sitting next to me to call the nurse. The nurse took me to lay down and I feel so much better immediately. Never thought that that would happen!!

I don't think I can cycle back in this condition and so I called mum. Went back home I straight away ate one bread and still was feeling giddy and sleepy. I went to sleep for 2 hours and felt better.

My family members kept saying that I don't have enough blood lol. I just want to know the result asap. My dad has thalassemia and I would want to know if I inherited that. If I do, I can't marry a man with this disease too! Just fyi :P

I'm still waiting for my bro to send me the photos in his ipad to upload about yesterday! :(



Till then.


xoxo,
ShiYi

2 comments: