shiyi

My photo
19 on the 6th October. A typical Libra baby. Loud. Bubbly. Crazy ;) Love friends. Family. And herself. Love pink. Just want to be herself :)

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sigh of relief

Persuasive speech is over, calculus 3 test 3 is over, but I don’t even the tiniest bit of happiness. HAIYOR. Can’t possibly feel happy when you screwed up a 20% test right? I mean… Fine, I’ll start with the speech.

Persuasive speech is one of the assignment of COM110: Essentials of Public Speaking and I would say it’s the most important one due to it’s weightage. 15% for the written speech and 15% for oral! How on earth is it not important right.. So I spent around a week preparing it: Doing the questionnaire, typing the speech, memorizing it, preparing the slides… I have some really kind-hearted friend who read through my spe ech and helped me make it better! I value each and every one of their suggestions and so, thank you so much, you know who you are <3 But the bad thing is, I save all my work in my pendrive. Ummm wait, only the slides and video. My speech I have a copy in my computer. So my speech was today. And yesterday, I was in the CAE, trying to show my friend when to help me change my slides. And I just left my pendrive plugged in and went home –.- how smart is that huh. Lucky I realize the night before! Quickly redo everything.

On the day itself, which is today, I was the second one to give my speech. Not really super super nervous, but the nervousness was there and you can feel the heart pounding, you know. So when the first guy finished, I went up there, vomit out everything that I had memorized, missed some parts and get over it. And  when I went back to my seat, my lecturer asked:”Where’s your second visual aid?” But I thought video is the second visual aid! She said video is same as slides, both under multimedia so she penalize me for that. If not I might have gotten full marks. Another wasted Z.Z.Z. So I got 23.5 out of 25. Most of my comments are good, like “good intro”, “you know your speech, good”, “good attitude” and so on.. The only negative one is “2nd visual??” T_T

After lunch, spent around 3 hours preparing for cal 3 test. So stressful right, 2 important things in one day. Sigh. I don’t usually look through the whole test paper before I start tho. I just.. start. Haha. So the 1st question was okay, so was the 2nd and the third (I think) but the 4th 5th and 6th I totally gave up. 20%. I don’t understand! The lecturer cant teach, but the questions he set are so freaking hard! What is the logic behind this?????

Anyway, kind of relieved right now cause this 2 BIG things are over. Can have a good night sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment